Remember Me Conference 2018 Call for Papers Now Open
From the 5th to 7th of April 2018 Remember Me. The Changing Face of Memorialisation will be hosting a conference which will showcase the key findings of the project and offer an opportunity for researchers to engage and present research from across a wide range of disciplines on themes relating to memorialisation.
Our call for papers is now open:
Remember Me. The Changing Face of Memorialisation
Interdisciplinary conference, 5-7 April 2018, Hull, UK
Call for Papers
This 2.5-day conference, sponsored by the UK Arts and Humanities Research Council, seeks to explore themes arising from the inter-disciplinary research project Remember Me. The Changing Face of Memorialisation. An associated exhibition and walking trail will run alongside the academic conference, which is open to the general public as well as to conference delegates. The Remember Me project team is comprised of researchers from applied social science, archaeology arts/humanities, history, pastoral theology, photography, political science, social work, socio-medical anthropology and sociology. Researchers in these and cognate fields are invited to submit an abstract (max 250 words) for an oral paper, poster or creative visual exhibit. Possible themes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The influence of role and identity on memorial forms and purposes
- Emotional and behavioural aspects of memorialising practices
- Religious, spiritual and secular meanings in death
- The socio-political construction of death
- Spaces and places: the geography of memorialisation
- Gender, sexuality and age in death and memory
- Socio-economic and cultural variations
- The public/private interface
- Applications to the professional cultures of health and social care practice and funeral and memorial services
Submissions from Early Career Researchers and PhD candidates are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for submission Friday 1 September 2017
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The form for abstract submissions can be downloaded here.